Monday, April 30, 2018

Book Title How Important Is It


If you are a writer and you take the next step to publish your book as an e-book which is where all the sales are today, what do you need to know when you choose a title for your book?

.   What is your book about?

   What makes it different from other books in the same category?

  A short catchy name is the best.

The title is even more important than the color or layout of the cover.

I just went to a book signing where there were several authors with their printed books.

 The covers were colorful and very inviting. What I was amazed at was the title of the books.

I had to ask many of the authors what their book was about.

When I asked I received and explanation, the explanation I received was what should have been the title?


 Under the title or somewhere on the back cover or somewhere it is easily accessible by the customer to know what it is about and not have to ask the author.

I teach a class in e book formatting.  The one thing I bring out to my students is the importance of the title.

If a title is chosen that is so broad how is the impending reader supposed to know what the book is about.

Books especially, e-books are searched by search words.

Thank you for reading my article. I would love to hear from you so please leave a blurp. Please feel free to read my other numerous articles on various topics and also my many e books and printed books on www.amazon.com, www.barnesandnoble.com and www.smashwords.com.
 Linda Meckler, author updated 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment