Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Starved for Affection and Attention

I wrote this book when I hadn’t seen
a very close friend named Karen for about ten years. Karen and her husband Donald have been married for over 40 years, came to visit for a week. I noticed immediately they didn’t touch, kiss, or show any kind of affection to each other. They loved each other but the affection was not there.
I thought to myself, “Here are my dear, dear friends who are still married to each other which is a miracle in itself since divorce is so popular today.” I wanted to try and do something for them not only to help their marriage but to help themselves be happier. They didn’t know that life could become so much better, softer, and loving.
Here is what I did. I took it upon myself to approach Donald with a few suggestions. I have never done anything like this before and I was nervous. I could lose my friends.
 I should never have approached him on such a serious subject while he was in the middle of listening to his favorite baseball game. I wanted to catch them apart where Karen couldn’t hear my conversation.
It was hard saying what I had to say but I finally said it. I suggested he hug, kiss, touch, cuddle and hold his wife’s hand. Put a little romance back into their life.
Donald looked at me and said, “Don’t worry about my sex life. It’s just fine.”
I said, “I’m not talking about your sex life I’m talking about your life. I left him to mull over what I had said and I went for a walk with Karen.
When we came back from our walk Donald amazed me and Karen by walking up to her and giving her a hug and kiss.

He listened to me. He really had listened to me. He got it.

Karen was so amazed she didn’t know what to say. I said, “You can give Donald a hug and kiss back.” She did.
I asked her how she felt and she gave me a big smile. It felt so great. I felt like I had run five miles. After that Donald made it a point to give her a hug and kiss often during the day. You could tell they had both loved it. Attention/Affection to the person you love goes a long way. They say you can live on it? What do you think?

Why was that so hard?

Why the games between couples. You have all heard about the book that says men and women do not think or act the same. This is about the most important thing you can ever learn.


  Let The Games Begin

Women love to be held and snuggled. They love to know they are appreciated and not taken for granted. It’s easy for women to be taken for granted because they are the ones who run the home and everybody in it. Women are the ones that create the sense of happiness and set the pace for the running of your home.
Life is so fast paced that you and your spouse get lost in all the hustle and bustle of everyday living.
Romance and intimacy can sometimes be thrown away for a fast bang, slam thank you, mam, if you ever get a thank you.
 
Stop! Life does not have to be like this.

What happened to the romance and caring in your relationship?

If you have been married for years and feel like you are being taken for granted; you don’t feel any gentle or soft moments between you, what is the use for staying in the relationship?
Why not try to fix your relationship before you give away all that money to an attorney for a divorce. If you feel you can’t communicate anymore start at the beginning.

 Linda Meckler, Author copyright updated 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment