Thursday, March 30, 2017

Doctors Can Your Staff Write An Appeal Letter

Doctors Can Your Staff Write An Appeal Letter

I know this sounds weird but the truth of the matter is most people cannot write a letter; especially, an appeal letter. 

When I was working in a doctor’s office I worked in a four-story building with all doctors. One day I needed to write a letter and decided to check the office next door to see what kind of letters they write. 

To my surprise, the office manager told me they do not send letters not collection letters to the patients or letters to the insurance companies for payment. I was shocked. I decided to try other offices on my floor and I found out the same information.

I went back to my office and I wrote the letter of appeal to the insurance company. The doctor I worked for had just purchased a new computer with software and I asked the software technician if they have any collection or appeal letters for their customers to use.

 He said, “No.”

I then proceeded to write collection letters for my doctor and also appeal letters. I asked the software technician if he wanted a copy of the letters for their software company.
He said, “Yes.” I didn’t charge them but I thought this was something which was needed.

Later I was working in a large hospital billing office and to my surprise, I found out that appeal letters were not written correctly. I was then asked by my supervisor to write up sample appeal letters and put them on a CD and let the other members of the department use them.

This is why my two books were written. Fight Your Medical Insurance Nightmares. Let me show you how.
Appeal/Collection Letters For Medical Providers.

Doctor’s if your appeal letters are getting denied it is probably because of the way the appeal letter was written.  Try reading some of the letters which were denied and then read my books.  The Insurance Companies will pay you.

Linda Meckler author, copyright 2017



No comments:

Post a Comment